As you may know, menstrual cups are a healthier and more sustainable alternative to tampons and pads. That is why they are becoming increasingly popular. If you want to buy a menstrual cup, there are a few things to keep in mind. Read the below important tips and watch Where It is best to buy a menstrual cup.
What should you pay attention to?
If you want to buy a menstrual cup, it is important to look which cup suits your body best. There are many brands of cups, but not all cups are suitable for your vagina. Well-known brands that are for sale in the Netherlands and Belgium are, for example Lunette, Organicup, Divacup, MeLuna and Practicups.
It is however not smart to go for the first cup you come across or opt for an unbranded, cheap menstrual cup. It is possible that the cup in question is unsuitable for you.
In this article we already described what exactly you should pay attention to when choosing a cup. Below is a small selection of the most important things:
- Form: menstrual cups come in different shapes. Do you, like most women, go for the classic shape (the wine glass or egg cup)? Or does a cup in the shape of a bell or a foldable cup suit you better?
- Material: usually menstrual cups are made of medical silicone, but there are also cups made of rubber and TPE. When purchasing a cup, take into account any allergies. Tip: medical silicones are anti-allergenic and therefore suitable for everyone.
- stem: do you want a stem or not, and if so: what kind of stem?
- Rand: there are cups with thick rims, thin rims or no rim at all. A cup with a rim is less likely to sink down. A thick brim, on the other hand, can be somewhat uncomfortable.
- Mate: the size often depends on your build and the intensity of your period. Preferably choose a brand where you receive several sizes, so that you can try out for yourself what is the ideal size for you.
- Length: the length of the cup is especially important if you have a low-hanging or high cervix. So keep this in mind.
- Colour: do you go for natural (or a transparent cup) or do you prefer a color?
- Hardness: the ideal hardness of your cup has to do with your pelvic floor muscles. Soft cups are suitable for most women, while hard cups can often only be used by women with very high muscle tension in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Finish: matte cups often have a silky finish, while more transparent cups are a bit stickier.
In our opinion, menstrual cups from Practicups the best choice for the majority of women. These cups have the shape of a wine glass and are therefore suitable for almost all women. In addition, they are made of 100% medical silicone and besides very soft in very comfortable. You will love the cup therefore not feel while wearing it.
The most important advantage of the Practicups menstrual cup is the offer that you receive two sizes for the price of one. So you never have to search for the right size. This can save you a lot of euros.
Where to buy a menstrual cup?
Have you decided which menstrual cup is the best cup for you? Then you are ready to proceed with the purchase.
We recommend a menstrual cup buy online instead of in the store. There are few physical stores that stock menstrual cups. The chance is therefore very small that you will find exactly your ideal menstrual cup at the nearest Kruidvat, Etos or pharmacy. on Bol.com almost all cups are offered. So it's smart to take a look there.
Look carefully if there are positive reviews left by customers. Choose a brand with an average of 4 or 5 stars.