How to remove menstrual cup?
To properly remove your menstrual cup, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Grab the cup at the bottom and squeeze it gently to break the vacuum. If you can't reach the cup well, squeeze a little.
- Press and hold the cup and rock it up and down a little while you bring him down. DO NOT pull the stem; this is only intended to make it easier to grip the cup.
- NB: Keep the cup straight as you remove it so you don't spill.
- When you have removed the cup completely, you empty it in the toilet in do you clean it.
Removing the menstrual cup does not work, now what?
The first few times it can be difficult to remove your menstrual cup. If this is the case, try not to panic. Your cup can't just get lost or get stuck.
The tips below can help you to remove your cup to make easier:
- Relax! When you're tense, your pelvic floor muscles also tighten, making it harder to remove the cup.
- Do you find yourself unable to relax? Then go do something that causes distraction, for example surfing the internet or watching television. Also a hot shower can help you relax better. Then try again.
- Gently press your lower abdomen, just above your pubic bone. This prevents tightening of the pelvic floor muscles. Many gynecologists do this during examinations.
- Take a position that is comfortable for you, for example with one leg on the toilet or squatting in the shower. It often helps if you a little squeeze, as we described above.
- Wait at least an hour after you wake up before trying to remove your menstrual cup. Gravity often helps to lower the cup slightly.
If the above tips do not work, please contact us or visit the family doctor.
Help, removing my menstrual cup is painful!
If removing your menstrual cup hurts, these could be possible causes:
- You don't relax enough. Relax!
- You've got it vacuum not broken properly. Try again calmly. Practice makes perfect.
- You accidentally pull it stalk. Break the vacuum by squeezing the cup.
- The cup is te stug of hard. Try a softer cup.